Friday, June 14, 2013

mama said knock you out

I made it through my day without throttling anyone, so I'll consider that a success. It wasn't easy, particularly since I was wearing a power dress (which always tends to make me feel more badass and take-no-prisoners-ish), but I was in a good enough mood about life in general that I survived my occasional homicidal urges. Or rather, the people around me survived my occasional homicidal urges, and I'm about to crawl into my own bed rather than into a jail cot with my new cellmate lover, so this is really a win all around.

I was probably in such a good mood because I took the shuttle down (not good) and wrote four pages of Prudence on the way (great!). Also, I had dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam) at my favorite Mexican restaurant, where my favorite waiter behaved himself and only rubbed my back suggestively once. Also, tomorrow is Friday, which means the weekend has arrived again, and I have high hopes to write a million words (or at least eight thousand). But now, alas, I really must sleep; I should have gone to bed two hours ago, but I failed as usual. Goodnight!

No comments: