Tuesday, July 23, 2013

born to run

I still didn't get enough sleep last night, but I took two naps today (one in my car in the parking lot during my lunch hour, one on the shuttle on the way home at eight p.m.), and I think I'll get eight hours tonight, so I hope this helps me to survive the rest of the week.

I was going to say today wasn't all bad, but that might actually be a bit too rosy. I had an eight a.m. meeting, which I took from home, but I awoke to discover that the hot water was totally gone (which never happens), so I didn't get to shower before. And I didn't get to shower after, so I had to accept that I was going to look like a hot mess and go to work. Feeling like a hot mess never improves my mood or my productivity, so I was a little surly for the meeting I got there for, but the secret nap helped me recover. I lost the secret nap buzz, though, when I went back to my desk and found that a coworker's dog was whining and howling next to my desk, which was super annoying - this is one of those times that I really don't love our policy of letting people bring dogs to work, since I was distracted during my only free hour of the afternoon. Boo.

But the rest of the day picked up a bit; the rest of my meetings were good, and I talked to Katie for a few minutes (always lovely), and I talked to my parents, and I read too much coverage about the royal baby. I left the office at 6:45, grabbed a v. quick dinner at one of the office cafes, and then slept on the shuttle all the way home. When I got here, I procrastinated, then worked, and now I should sleep. I have grand plans to get up in the morning and write for a couple of hours before work, and I want to honor that plan since Prudence is being a lazy wench and refuses to write herself. Goodnight!

No comments: