Sunday, July 28, 2013

kiss me hard before you go

I didn't write any new words on zee manuscript today, but I was stuck, so I can't be too mad at myself (says the person who is always mad at herself for not writing enough). I think I figured out how to unstick myself, though, thanks to a lot of scribbling in a variety of notebooks and a brief 'conversation' with Terry (where 'conversation' is in quotes because I rambled out loud to her for a few minutes, without expecting or asking for much input from her). Or, at least, I figured out the plot for the next part of the book, and what I need to change in the first part to make it work. Thankfully, this doesn't require rewriting the first half, which is a major miracle.

It wasn't all hermitage, though. For one, I felt too ill this morning to cook or go to the grocery store, so I had breakfast down the street while plotting in my notebook. Then I came home and took a nap, since I felt wretched. Then I worked for a couple of hours before getting a mani/pedi (a requirement for romance writers, since we need pretty nails to liven up our usual pajama uniform). Then I picked Terry up and took her to the airport. On the way there, I got a missed call from Adit, so I called him back, and I ended up meeting him and Priyanka for a restorative supper at My Tofu House. I had absolutely no desire to go out, but soup was exactly what I needed, and it was good to see them even if I wasn't up for going out for a drink after. So I left them to their own devices after dinner, came home, and worked for the last three hours (mostly plotting + looking through a bunch of name books and maps to come up with a Christian name and title for one of the characters in Prudence's book, who is currently only called [big bad]).

And now, I must sleep; my book is due in thirty days, and I've got a metric shit-ton of writing to do before then. Yes, that's a precise measurement. Goodnight!

No comments: