Thursday, July 11, 2013

my love, my love, my love, she keeps me warm

I think I need to stop staring at screens, so imma keep this brief. I dragged myself out of bed this morning and made it to my writing date by 7:15am, which was some kind of record, particularly since I managed to put on a cute dress and be mostly polished by the time I walked out the door. My writing date wasn't as productive as I might have hoped, since I only got two and a half pages, but it was two and a half pages I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, so I'm pleased. Then I abandoned my friend and my manuscript, drove to Mountain View, and slogged through many hours of meetings. The evening took a fun turn when Terry and I had roommate dinner at Fiesta (and the waiter rewarded my short dress with free margaritas and guacamole), but then it took an annoying turn when it took well over an hour to get home.

However, I don't have to commute again for like ten days - I'm working from home tomorrow, and then doing errands and getting ready for my trip. I'm a little sad that I don't have another normal week ahead of me, since I feel like I got so much done this week, but I suppose it's time to let Sara Ramsey out to play for awhile. And on that mildly-schizophrenic note, it's time to put away the laptop - goodnight!

No comments: