Thursday, August 01, 2013

no sugar tonight

I'm too tired to blog...zee day job is kicking my ass this week, which is rather unfortunate since my parents are coming into town tomorrow and my book is due to my editor in twenty-six days. Luckily, I've stayed pretty good at compartmentalizing since going back to work, so whatever isn't done by the time my parents land won't get done until next week. Unluckily for my boss, the list of undone things is likely to be quite extensive, since I have meetings straight from ten a.m. to four p.m., then another from five to six, with a fifteen minute break for lunch. Woe is me, indeed.

But today was good, despite being in meetings almost straight since 8:30 a.m., and despite being ready to murder anyone and everyone who talked to me after five p.m. (since I had intended to leave at four and write for a couple of hours, but got bogged down in some other stuff). I didn't leave the office until six, unfortunately, and then I had another quasi-work activity, since I had dinner with a woman who was visiting from the NYC office. So that was from 6:30 to 9, and while it was totally worthwhile, it left me with no time to catch up on my own stuff. So I drove home, straightened up the kitchen and my room in preparation for the cleaners coming tomorrow (yes I'm turning into my mother), and now must go to bed before I die. Goodnight!

No comments: