Tuesday, July 30, 2013

we are all innocent

Work is way too brutal this week. But then, as per usual, I'm trying to cram a full workweek into four days, since I'm taking Friday off to hang out with zee parents. So today was v. busy, and tomorrow and Thursday are absolutely jammed with meetings. But my boss continues to think I'm doing a good job, and even suggested that I take it easy in September...so I suppose I'm not going to get fired anytime soon.

Beyond the day job, there's nothing of interest to report. I was going to be v. good tonight and work all night, but Terry kidnapped me for a margarita at 5:30. She caught me in a moment of weakness, since I was in the midst of a particularly annoying data project, and so I said yes despite my better intentions. And then our favorite waiter at Fiesta comped our margaritas, which is always dangerous. Then I worked at Verde for an hour while she hung out with her brother, and then she drove me home, so that was all v. nice. And now, even though it's not even ten p.m., I'm going to go to bed - I have to be in the office at 8:30, and I have a million things to do before then, so I'm going to try the plan that never ever works and go to bed early so I can get up early and work on the shuttle/in the office before the meeting. Ha, good luck with this stupid plan, Future Sara. Goodnight!

No comments: