Tuesday, August 27, 2013

always one foot on the ground

Today didn't quite go as planned. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it didn't go as planned at all. I did manage to write for an hour before work this morning, but I only got two pages, since the sex scene was still going slowly. Then I drove down to work, did some slogging, had lunch with Alaska Matt (okay, that was according to plan, and it was lovely), and then was supposed to finish a big project at work...

...but I couldn't finish it because I was waiting on someone else. For hours. Finally I said it wasn't happening today and caught the 6pm shuttle home, and I did some work on it until I was suddenly, nearly violently/uncontrollably carsick. Luckily I didn't vomit on anyone or anything, but it was close. So I recuperated by sitting on the couch when I got home, rather than writing. And I had a frozen enchilada (dinner of champions) and talked to Terry for a bit. I did manage to write another page tonight, but again, it's slow going. And since my work task for today got punted to tomorrow, tomorrow is shaping up to be a wreck as well. So that means I need to go to sleep immediately so that I can get up and write either before or on my way to work (or both). Goodnight!

No comments: