Tuesday, August 06, 2013

if you're ready come and get it

The first half of my day was incredibly annoying, mostly due to an eight a.m. meeting that no one showed up for but me. But the rest of the day slowly picked up steam, and by five p.m. I was getting some serious work done. Of course, by then it was time to quit and see my parents. So I threw in the towel, picked them up at their hotel, and took them around the city before deciding to eat supper at Chow (in my old neighborhood). We had a lovely meal, and just as we were finishing, our friend Vova (a Ukrainian) called to say that he had arrived in SF approximately an hour and a half before we had expected him. So we finished dinner, drove over to his hotel, and had another dinner with him, his son, and his friend Oleg. This resulted in a lot of talk about Ukraine, as you might expect, and about municipal water projects, which you might not expect.

And now, I'm wrecked and need to go to bed so that I can take tomorrow off to play tour guide. Goodnight!

No comments: