Wednesday, August 21, 2013

the public don't dwell on my transmission

Day Two of the summit was another success, so as long as we can pull off tomorrow without killing anyone or having a major tech meltdown, I think we'll be good. Which in some ways is a bad thing, since I never want to plan another summit again and would have been able to get out of doing it if I had engineered a catastrophe. C'est la vie...but the next team that asks me to plan a summit is going to get a swift stab in the face (probably followed by acquiescence, because that's how I roll).

Today was good, though, even if I didn't sleep enough. And it ended at Tied House in Mountain View, where I wish I could have continued drinking the v. decent free wine - but I had to drive back to campus to catch the shuttle to the city, so I had to refrain. Which is probably for the best, when I consider that I must be coherent tomorrow. Perhaps I shall have to be self-indulgent tomorrow night and come back to the city to relax/drink some wine in preparation for my long weekend of writing/slogging/hermitville (with perhaps one fun plan to keep me from going mad). Now, though, I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: