Saturday, August 17, 2013

this is my kingdom come

Today was more brutal than I expected; I overslept, so when I woke up at nine I had to start working immediately (without even getting dressed or making tea), and I worked for three hours before starvation forced me to close my laptop. So I showered, grabbed lunch, did a bit more work, and then cut out for a couple of hours to get my hair cut. Yes, so important. Then I bought groceries, came home, worked for another hour or two, and then made supper (steak and a baked potato, yum).

I was going to write for many hours tonight, but I only wrote for two - and it wasn't full-on first draft writing, but rather reworking some of the beginning. I also cleaned out my medicine cabinet, my makeup shelf in my linen closet, and the area under my sink - not that this was immediately necessary, but I tend to want to throw stuff away (or run away screaming) when I hit certain points in my manuscript, so I gave in to the urge to purge. And now, I must sleep; I have a writing date tomorrow morning, and I want to sleep a lovely amount before that happens. Goodnight!

No comments: