Saturday, September 21, 2013

laugh riot

Today was a v. long and tiring day, which is nonsense since I did no real work for the day job. That's not entirely true; I was in a training from nine to five, but the training was on managing my energy, which isn't directly relevant to all the mundanities of my day to day. Of course, managing my energy is crucial in the long term, but I kind of left the day feeling validated that I have a lot of my shit figured out already; with the exception of the fact that my life allows no time for meeting new people or perhaps making a baby (ew), the rest of it is really good. Yes, I'm being obnoxiously smug.

But I got to work out of the evil city, which was nice, and the training was a great exercise. And the trainer invited me over for dinner sometime soon, which might sound weird except for the fact that we knew each other when I lived in Dublin (she's relocated here). So that was all v. nice. Then I came home, made up my bed with fresh sheets, talked to [censored], and had dinner with Terry. After that, I really really didn't want to go out, but I had promised to go to an improv show with some of my coworkers (and had already bought the ticket) - so I took a twenty minute nap, then miraculously rallied and made it down to the Financial District for the show. Sadly, I didn't enjoy the show as much as I thought I would; some bits were funny, but they only performed for <40mins and the ticket was $20, which I thought was v. overpriced. But we adjourned to Hidden Vine and had wine after, so that was nice.

And now, I must sleep, since I have grand plans to both relax and be productive tomorrow, which may be difficult. Goodnight!

No comments: