Wednesday, September 25, 2013

leave me breathless

Today was v. productive, just the way I like it. I almost didn't want to be productive tonight, and very nearly made a dash for freedom by arranging to have drinks with someone, but instead I forced myself to slog and probably felt better for it. I was on the shuttle by 7:25 this morning, worked all the way to the office, and then slogged v. diligently all day (meetings + writing my overdue self assessment). But I cut out at four to take the shuttle home, since I couldn't bear the thought of getting home when it was already dark. And when I got on the bus, I discovered that Terry was similarly slacking, so I sat next to her and we chatted for a few minutes until the bus left campus and any talking would earn an immediate and well-deserved lynching from the surly shuttle crowd.

So I worked all the way home (except for the last twenty minutes, which would have made me throw up on my keyboard if I'd kept working), then took a break and tidied up my room and generally did nothing for an hour. Then I made breakfast for supper, procrastinated for a bit, and then spent two hours editing Alex and Prudence. I got through about forty pages, which was great progress, and I think the second half of the book is smoother sailing than the first, so I hope I can get through with this pass this weekend. I'm still waiting to hear back from my editor, so I'm by no means done yet, but I'm getting closer and can hopefully force myself to get the book out at the end of October as promised.

And now I desperately need to sleep; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow at eight a.m., which requires leaving her at some ungodly hour (aka 6:40). Goodnight!

No comments: