Tuesday, September 03, 2013

my finger is on the button

Sorry for not blogging last night. Words have been in short supply for anything but the manuscript. But I'm DONE. Just in time to take twenty minutes off between my four-day working weekend and my upcoming four-day workweek. Hahahahahaha *dies*.

I'm alternating between loving and hating it, so I sent it off to the editor with both eagerness and total fucking trepidation. Eagerness because I want feedback; trepidation because there are some problems I currently sense and don't yet know how to fix, and I'm too tired/burned out/behind on the deadline to fix them. But at least it's off. I have to write another scene tomorrow to send to her as an insert, but that's like a walk in the park compared to the hundred pages I wrote in the last four days. Yes, I wrote a hundred pages. If I could write like that all the time I would be a machine, but I would be a dead machine, so it's good that I don't do that.

Anyway, yesterday and today were good if you're a hermit, bad if you're not. I did get out of the house last night to have dinner at Lauren and Nathan's, which was the only remotely fun thing I did this weekend (unless you count talking to my parents while sitting on the roof yesterday). I guess I went to Starbucks and got a tea at some point. And I had a conversation with the owner of Morning Due yesterday, so that was good. And I cleaned the drain filter in the washing machine. Yes, my life is v. exciting.

So, yay to being done, boo to having to go to work tomorrow, book to the ulcer that will probably form while I wait for my editor to get back to me and I consider all the ways I messed this up, yay to remembering all the great bits that I wrote. Goodnight!

No comments: