Tuesday, September 10, 2013

you're my head start, you're my rugged heart

I don't have anything of substance to say about work today, other than that I was too exhausted to fully enjoy it (if 'enjoy' is the right word; it probably isn't, but I can't think of another). I think I finally, brutally hit the wall erected by last weekend's over-extended writing burnout, which has turned my brain to mush and given me a headache that won't die. Which was not the state that I would have preferred to be in to see my gynecologist this morning, but then, I never really want to see my gynecologist (even though she is a lovely woman who makes me laugh), so I suppose I might as well have spent an otherwise-useless morning subjecting myself to her tortures rather than to the tortures of my inbox.

sssanyway, after that, I went to the office, slogged for a few hours, and then rode home with Terry, during which it became apparently I was useless since I was mostly falling asleep on her. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home, so I bought myself a steak and a potato to eat tonight so that I wouldn't have to have an eccentric dinner at my favorite French place. And I decided that I was going to read a book tonight rather than contemplating the million things on my to-do list...which was a good idea. So I picked up Sherry Thomas's upcoming YA debut, THE BURNING SKY; I have had an advance copy since RWA but was saving it for a raining day, and this was it.

And I'm happy to report that it restored a bit of my happiness, even if my brain is too mushy to force back into usefulness. I finished the whole thing, as is my wont, and really enjoyed it, even if I'm not glad that I have to wait for the next two books in the series. But it made me eager to get back to my non-gargoyles book, so maybe I'll think about that tomorrow. Or maybe I'll stare, drooling, at the wall until my thoughts come back. Fun times all around. Goodnight!

No comments: