Friday, February 14, 2014

everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Even though I slept ten hours last night, I'm still totally exhausted. It didn't help that I had a really stressful afternoon; it usually takes twenty minutes to get to my hair salon, but today it took 45, and I had to abandon my car and walk seven blocks when it became clear I might never get across Market. So I was half an hour late to my haircut, which was only forgivable because I've been going there for years and am never late. But Lauren couldn't do her usual awesome blowout, so she left my hair wet and braided it - cute, but not what I had planned.

And because my car was secdn blocks away, I couldn't go to Whole Foods as I had planned. So I came home, pouted, and made eggs for dinner. Then I watched last night's Olympics coverage (figure skating! Sadness!) and tried to regain my energy for a late night grocery run, but I've decided to screw it and go to bed instead.

So I may not bake the cakes this year - I would rather make borscht, and the cakes are super wasteful for the number of people who are coming. And the national food of Russia is disappointment, so it seems fitting. But maybe I'll wake up with tons of energy and desire to bake...stranger things have happened. Goodnight!

No comments: