Thursday, February 20, 2014

guns hidden under our petticoats

Work continues to be ridic, but I'm trying to get through everything that I can get through tomorrow so that I can ignore it all weekend in favor of spending some quality time with Thorington. So I got up super early, was on the shuttle before seven a.m., and slogged incessantly and without break (yes, that's redundant) until fiveish. But I took champagne for my team, so at least I was able to drink away my pain at lunchtime (no, you shouldn't be worried). Then I took the shuttle back to the city and went straight to my dinner plans. But I was twenty minutes early getting back to the city - I had hoped to be forty-five minutes early so that I could write, but it took almost two hours to get off campus and into the city, so that plan failed. But I stopped by my favorite wine bar for a drink and twenty minutes of writing before dinner - and instead ran into Kathia, who was just about to leave. So we had a glass of champagne and commiserated on our woes (my day job, her writing), which was lovely.

Then I adjourned next door, where I had a v. wonderful and entertaining dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) and Terry. I hadn't seen Lauren in ages, so it was great to see her, and I had quite an enjoyable evening. Then Terry and I came home and watched the women's skating results, which I'm glad I got to see before I was spoiled. And now I must sleep since I intend to catch an earlyish shuttle, get some work done, train with Alyssa, get some more work done, and then throw my laptop away so that I can focus on Thorington. Goodnight!

No comments: