Monday, February 03, 2014

illin like a villain

I'm quite miserably ill, which is an unfortunate and inconvenient way to start the week. I sincerely hope that it doesn't become my usual bronchitis, which I've miraculously evaded since last June if my blog is to be believed. I had expected to get it after Frankfurt/Paris, but I didn't, and so I suppose I'm overdue. But the cough appeared tonight on schedule, after a day of breathless misery, so I do not have high hopes.

Yes, I'm being overly dramatic. Yes, I know everyone hates being sick and I'm not a special princess who somehow gets a pass on being a whiny little bitch. Still, I'm feeling rather whiny, particularly when I think of all the million myriad things I need to get done. Which is, I know, counterproductive, since thinking of a million myriad things led to last month's epic meltdown and totally lack of productivity. I would suck it up, but since I can't breathe, sucking it up is rather painful right now.

But now I shall go to bed and hopefully sleep for eight or nine hours, and I am 95% sure I'll work from home tomorrow too since I really doubt that I'll be in any shape to go into the office. I worked from home today as well, which meant I could take a nap at lunchtime, which may be the only thing that saved me. That and the leftover Thai food I had for lunch, and the mint chip milkshake I had for supper (supper of champions - Alyssa would be so proud). But hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better enough that I won't be so obnoxious on zee blog - goodnight!

No comments: