Sunday, February 23, 2014

see the light, touch the light, we're together now

I'm in full-on crazy writer mode now. Or maybe I'm not entirely in full-on crazy mode; I allowed myself to take a nap and get a mani/pedi today, so it could definitely be worse. But I got up in time to meet Kathia at 7:15 (okay, I got there at 7:30) for a writing date, which is totally crazy-town given how tired I was last night and how little I enjoy getting up in the morning. But it was worth it, since I typed up what I'd written in my notebook and wrote a couple of pages before vacating the coffeeshop for my mani/pedi appointment.

The middle part of my day involved some much-needed downtime; I got my manicure and pedicure, and my nails look lovely even if I forsook the gel polish in favor of not getting melanoma from the UV light used to cure it. Then I went to Caffe Union and had huevos while reading part of the Lonely Planet guidebook for Devon and Cornwall - I'm not going there anytime soon (although the guidebook made me want to throw everything away and go there immediately), but my next series is set there, so I was looking up facts and towns and photos. Then I came home and took a much-needed and mostly-deserved nap before talking to my parents for an hour.

But after I was off the phone, it was showtime again. So I rendezvoused with Kathia and we wrote for a couple more hours. I'm making progress, even if I'm so far from done that it makes me feel vaguely ill (yes, I know that's nonsensical; no, I'm probably not going to be able to calm down and enjoy my many and varied accomplishments instead of beating myself up for not being able to write four books a year). But Thorington and Callie (that's his heroine) are amazing together, so I think I'm just going to have to skip the scenes where there not together and figure all that out later. I probably should have kept writing, but instead we went to Izzy's for prime rib, and I had an entertaining conversation with her and her husband while being plied with wine by their favorite waiter.

And now I am going to go to bed so that I can get eight and a half hours or so and then try to write before work - wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: