Wednesday, February 05, 2014

where do you go, my lovely

I'm still sick, and I should have gone to bed hours ago, but work and other distractions kept me awake until now. I stayed home today, as I had suspected I would, and my boss pretty much told me to stay home again tomorrow after we talked over a videoconference this afternoon, so I will likely take him at his word. I'm telling myself that this is setting a good example for all the people at work who force themselves to come in when they're sick, which is true; I'm also telling myself that I'm better off being able to nap at lunchtime as I did yesterday and today, which is also true.

But my illness is progressing in better and worse ways; I'm slightly less congested, but my throat hurts slightly more, and my black lung cough has arrived. So we're on schedule for bronchitis, unless I manage to sleep it off. That, unfortunately, won't happen unless I go to bed now (or, better, two hours ago, which is impossible). But there are so many things I want to do (write! play with my new scanner!), so many things I need to do (taxes! financial planning! build five presentations for work! answer a million emails! write my marketing plan for Thorington!), and so many things I procrastinate with instead (SOCHI IS A DISASTER OMG HAVE YOU READ THIS?). And my easily-distracted hyped-up-on-dayquil monkey mind keeps thinking of things I should be doing, which is not helpful since I really don't have the energy to do most of them.

So I suppose that means I should force myself to go to bed despite all the shiny distractions - goodnight!

No comments: