Thursday, April 10, 2014

handprints and footprints on the glass

Today involved far too many hours (3+) in the car, but other than that it was mostly delightful. I was slightly later than usual leaving, and thanks to accidents and fog it took ninety minutes to get to Palo Alto (on 280, which is usually mostly traffic-free). So I was thirty minutes late to my training session with Alyssa, which was super unfortunate. But we got our workout in, and I stayed after to spend some quality time with the treadmill, so that was fine. Then I sped to work, showered, blowdried my bangs so they wouldn't get too funky, and then went to two hours of meetings with wet hair and no makeup (or sans fard, as the French and Michael K like to say). At noon, I slathered on some foundation to make me feel better about my still-red, still-inflamed post-gluten skin, ate some lunch, and slogged through meetings all afternoon.

But I left around 5:20, and spent an hour and forty minutes sitting on the freeway on the way home. When I got here I was already late for dinner, so I put on some more makeup, changed my top, and walked down the street to Sabrosa, which I'd never been to before but proved to be quite delicious. My reason for going was to hang out with Todd, my favorite manager at Des Amis (yes, I've attained the new status of hanging out with Des Amis people outside of Des Amis (I almost said outside of work, since I work there and they work there, albeit in v. different contexts)). He was there with another person from the restaurant and two of her friends, and it was all quite delightful. But now, I must sleep, since the morning is going to come all too soon even if I get to work from home -- goodnight!

No comments: