Sunday, April 13, 2014

i seen it all the time on forty-second street

I worked a full day today; in fact, it was pretty much a straight nine to six, albeit for a job other than the one that pays me a regular salary. I woke up around 7:45, laid in bed for awhile, and eventually got ready in time to drive over to the Inner Sunset to meet a friend for a writing date. The friend's name is Amber, and she's quite interesting - she writes paranormal romance and is also an Episcopal priest. So we caught up on life and wrote for a couple of hours, which was awesome. Then I came home and worked the rest of the day, although it was all on administrative tasks rather than getting more words out for Thorington. I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy/make/acquire for my upcoming conferences, so I spent some quality time shopping for swag. I also bought an airline ticket for NYC in June, wrote the checks for all the taxes I have to pay (boo), dealt with some emails, etc., etc. None of it was particularly exciting, but it has all been hanging over me, so I'm glad I"m in a better place with it.

But by 5:30 I was ready to knock off, so I left my hermitville and met up with Lauren (aka Subz) for a drink. This, as per usual, turned into two drinks and a lot of discussion of our lives, so that was lovely (or at least authentic, even during the times when the topics weren't lovely). Then Nathan showed up and the three of us ended up having an impromptu dinner at an Italian place down the street that they go to all the time; Italian usually doesn't work well for me, but it turns out they have a gluten free pasta that's really quite delicious, so I had that with a tasty spicy lamb and tomato sauce, and it was all delightful.

But now I must sleep, since I have to write tomorrow and also need to order some more swag and see some friends and generally try not to freak out over all the stuff I need to do. Goodnight!

No comments: