Friday, April 11, 2014

it was too cold to cry when i woke up alone

I had both too much screentime and too much champagne today, so it's no wonder my eyes are foggy and my head is aching. I worked from home today, which made for an easy commute - perhaps too easy, since I had little incentive to be perfectly productive while sitting at my desk reading royal tour blogs. But I slogged mostly steadily from nine to four, then talked to my dad for half an hour about chickens. Then, I ventured out into what I thought was sunshine (it was really wind and fog) to have a drink with Chandlord. We were going to have wine at Amelie, but Amelie was closed, so we had whisky at the bar next door instead. Then I walked her up Nob Hill, cursing her name with every tortured step. But it was good to see her, so yay to that!

After parting ways, I was going to walk home and write and eat leftover chicken. Instead I met up with Kathia and her sister Parisa, drank champagne, and ate steak. Way better, even if it was much less productive. But now I'm desperate for sleep and even more desperate to write like mad tomorrow - wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: