Monday, April 14, 2014

the wealthiest lie in graves of dirt

Today was once again filled with a lot of work and not nearly enough words on the page. I did write three or four pages this morning, which I felt good about, but when I broke for breakfast I had trouble getting back into it. So I took care of some tings online, showered, made myself look pretty, and then drove to the Haight (definitely the city of sin) to have lunch with some romance writers who were in town. One of them is also the photographer who shoots the photos I use for my covers, so I really wanted to see her - but in retrospect it was a couple of hours that I could ill afford to take out of my day. But we had a lovely time, so I'll have to forgive myself for being social instead of productive.

So I got home at 3:45 (after stopping at Philz to get a restorative mint mojito iced coffee) and called my parents. By the time I was off the phone, it was after five. I thought of writing again but instead took a nap. Then I decided to work on promo stuff, which is what I spent the rest of the evening on; I need to order swag immediately if I'm going to have anything for this thing I'm going to in Milwaukee or for RT, but swag must be designed before it can be ordered. But the rest of it is going to have to wait for another day; I should have gone to bed an hour ago anyway. Goodnight!

No comments: