Tuesday, April 22, 2014

time makes you bolder

I've been staring at a screen all day - you'd think I was working instead of vacationing. Alas, you'd be right. I didn't do anything for the day job, but I spent the entire day researching stuff for Thorington's book to make sure that the final pieces of the plot make sense logistically and legally. That involved falling down a lot of rabbit holes around marriage licenses, immigration, privateering, the War of 1812, and a whole host of other issues. But I think I'm in good shape, even if I'm frustrated that I had to take so much time to figure this stuff out.

But the day was mostly good; I woke up in time to eat breakfast with my parents, and then I worked mostly without break until three-ish. Then I messed around, worked out outside with my kettlebell (a cat watched me for most of this, which was a bit disconcerting), messed around some more, showered, and had supper with the parents. Then I watched tv/worked from 7:30 until now, and now I must sleep if I have any hope of being productive tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: