Friday, June 13, 2014

on a full moon night in the rocky mountain winter

I was pretty productive today, and I have grand plans to continue that trend this weekend. I woke up early, but instead of writing I did some day job stuff so that I wouldn't feel quite so woefully behind. Then I took meetings straight from 8:30 to 12:30, which was only made palatable by the fact that I took them from the comfort of my own home and didn't have to suffer through the torture of my commute to get to them.

So after 12:30 I was mostly braindead, and so I blearily ate some lunch (frozen enchilada, lunch of kings), answered some email, took care of work stuff, etc. I also may have snuck a nap in there at some point (see: the advantage of working from home). But I eventually had to cut off my attempt at clearing my inbox (which was a massive failure) so that I could go downtown to get my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed. Looking professional is more important than being professional, right?

After that, I picked up some groceries, came home, messed around on the internet a lot, ate some supper, and managed to force five hundred words through my tired, rebellious fingers. That's only two pages, but it was two pages more than I had before, and as this is all leading up to some pretty critical stuff, it's going to be slow going anyway. And now that I'm back in the story, I'm going to go to bed early, wake up early tomorrow, and hit it hard in an effort to keep my momentum. Goodnight!

No comments: