Saturday, June 07, 2014

perfect blue buildings

I'm going to slip my earplugs in, ignore the party going on out in the living room, and go to bed - I've had an awesome retreat, but I'm more tired than I had hoped to be, and I want to get some sleep tonight so that I can make the drive to Manhattan safely and get some work done tomorrow night when I get there. But I'm v. happy that I spent the week here - I got to know a few awesome new writers, spent some quality time with some of my favorite already-known authors, and am generally feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated than I have in quite some time. Granted, I didn't write a million pages, but I'm going to forgive myself for that.

Today was a great end to it all; I wrote in the morning, had lunch with Anne and Grace at a dive bar type place down the road, and spent the afternoon napping and working. Then, Grace, Bella and I got ice cream at the ice cream place they'd all been going to all week, and then Grace and I went to the beach briefly since I hadn't spent any time there all week (yes, I'm horrible). And then we all hung out on the deck and enjoyed the sunset while eating weird combinations of leftovers and drinking whatever wine was still in the house.

So, all in all, it was great. Tomorrow it's back to the real world and the real grind, since I have to get cracking hardcore on the day job and also need to keep writing on the writing job, but everything is going to come up roses once I'm back into my routine and getting some sleep again. But for now it's time for bed - goodnight!

1 comment:

Censored said...

All week I kept expecting you to take on diesel while you were there.