Monday, June 23, 2014

she knows if you've been bad or good

Today was a lot of brutality that ended on a high note. I had to slog nonstop from eight-thirty to four-thirty, and since I didn't get a lunch break, I felt justified in leaving campus at five (actually, I always feel justified leaving at five). I drove to the evil city, parked, ran an errand at sephora, and then met up with Claudia - she's in town for an interview, and I sincerely hope she does well so that she can move back here so that I can have a friend again.

Sssanyway, we talked for half an hour, then met Chandlord, Adit, and Priyanka at a Thai place near Union Square. It's in a hotel, which was super confusing, but the food was delightful even if I should have chosen a different adventure. Claude and I left the vegetarians to their own devices and shared a green curry with rabbit and some sort of rice noodle with pork belly/pork/egg, and both dishes were great. And my cocktail had a small plastic monkey hanging off the side, so that was a nice touch.

But all good things must end, so we parted ways, and now I must sleep if I'm to write and slog tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: