Saturday, June 21, 2014

the drop dead dream, the chosen one

I slogged excessively today, if I do say so myself. I woke up around 7:15 (not bad), showered (didn't break another toe, so that's progress), drove to Mountain View (bad), and worked v. diligently all day (sad). But I left early and met up with Anne in San Bruno for a writing date - this turned out to be key, since I was v. productive and also saw her, which was super fun. She's friends with Adit, or rather her husband was one of Adit's coworkers, but don't let that put you off.

Sadly, I had to throw in the towel and drive the rest of the way into the city (v. bad). Once here, I ate an apple, stared at the wall like a fucking zombie, took a twenty-minute nap, put on some tights, rearranged my stupid broken toe boot thing (someone at work, after watching me take four ibuprofen and rewrap my toe, asked how my toe was and I said, v. shortly, 'it hurts'; my momentary break in stoicism should tell you something about how I'm feeling about the whole thing), and went down the street to have dinner with my new marketing person. I had made a reservation at my fave French bistro, and I think it was impressive to the marketing person that I got a perfect table and that all the waitstaff said hi to me (and that the waiter gave me an extra glass of wine) - but mostly I was there because I love the food and they're never going to kick me out even when I pull out my laptop. So we sat there for three hours and plotted world domination, which is my favorite subject.

But now I must sleep so that I can write tomorrow, since finishing this book is a critical first step toward domination. Goodnight!

No comments: