Wednesday, June 04, 2014

you need a girl with electrical hair

The writing retreat continues to go somewhat well; I'm not having the wildly productive retreat of my dreams, but that's perhaps not entirely possible anyway given that I tend to dream the impossible. Also, I may be way too easily distractable to be completely successful on a retreat with seven other people. But I did some great work today, even if it wasn't a ton of pages, and I'm finally feeling better about where the story is headed. I also had some v. fun conversations, got coffee with someone, made chili for everyone for dinner, and generally relaxed this evening.

So that's all good, but now I must go to sleep so that I can get up and actually work tomorrow - I think I need to seek out a coffee shop and some solitude in the morning before I squander time chatting with others. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: