Monday, July 21, 2014

it's a little too late to say that you're sorry now

I'm so tired that I'm going to go to bed now even though it's only ten pm in Texas - which means it's only eight at home. But I didn't sleep well last night, and today was more stressful than I anticipated, so I think I'm in need of serious sleep if I'm to get off on the right foot.

Kathia was supposed to pick me up at 8:45 so that we would have plenty of time to eat something tasty at the airport before our 11am flight. But when I checked my phone at seven, the plane was delayed until 1:15 due to a late aircraft because of weather in SFO. So I suggested that we leave at 11 instead. We were both happy with this, and so I lazed around, took a shower, etc.,and went to Caffe Union for breakfast. But then I got a text from united preponing the flight back to 11:40. Ugh. So I didn't finish breakfast, and instead dashed home, grabbed my stuff, got an uber, picked up Kathia, and got to the airport at 10:45. As it turned out the plane didn't board until almost noon, but we made it, and we had a glass of champagne to celebrate.

The flight was uneventful, but it's a million miserable degrees in San Antonio. We got to our hotel and were both starving, so we took five minutes to dump our bags in our rooms, then went to a steak place on the Riverwalk. I had an excellent ribeye and half of a great baked potato, and was feeling much restored after. Then, we came back to the hotel and did a shot of tequila to kill off our non-writer selves and get into conference mode. Really this just made me sleepy, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be in full blown author mode. Now, though, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: