Saturday, July 19, 2014

trash the hotel

Today could have been worse if I were more diligent, but I was kind to myself this morning and decided to work from home. I also decided to spend two hours in bed with a heating pad on my knee (which has pretty much stopped hurting), drinking a cup of tea and thinking about writing but instead procrastinating.

However, it was eventually time to work, and I slogged v. steadily and without any real break until fourish. Then I went to get my brows waxed/tinted and my hair cut in preparation for RWA - all across America this weekend, women who spend the rest of the year in pajamas are going through arcane beauty rituals so they can fit in at the conference. Sadly, my stylist was running way late for the first time ever, which meant I was running late for dinner, and so I told her not to give me her ultra fabulous blowout and instead to just make it not wet. Sadness. Also, I very nearly chopped my hair off, but since I haven't chopped it off in anger in years, I decided not to restart that trend right now.

But eventually we were done, and I sped home, spent less than seven minutes putting on makeup and a super hot dress, and then took an overpriced Uber less than ten blocks because I was already late. I met up with my marketing person, who continues to be a genius, and Kathia joined us to tell us what she's doing with audio books. So that was all lovely and super helpful. Then Kathia and I went across the street and had prime rib for a v. belated (ten p.m.) dinner.

And now I should have gone to Adit's for a house party, but if I had eight drinks tonight I would die, and I can't trust myself around him. So I'm going to sleep the sleep of the just and hopefully wake up tomorrow with an idea that will allow me to write like five thousand words of Thorington's book. Goodnight!

No comments: