Sunday, July 20, 2014

watching the ships roll in

I decided to have a v hermity day, and that's the plan I stuck to. And I'm exceedingly glad I did; I need a couple of days of solitude to detox from all the socializing I've done over the past two weeks and prepare for the social madness that will be next week.

So I woke up, lazed about in bed, made myself eggs and coffee, did a final hour of day job stuff so I don't have to take my work laptop to San Antonio, and tried to work on writing stuff. But I had trouble getting into it at home, so I absconded with my iPad to Rapha, and then on to Des Amis. I got ten pages (yay), and utterly shocked everyone by ordering roasted chicken and white wine - at least four different waiters stopped by to see if I was okay. But the chicken was great, so I have no regrets.

Then I came home, wrote a bit more, journaled for the first time in ages, and made some lists to help me conquer the world. And now I must sleep so I can write, pack, and run a million errands tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: