Wednesday, August 06, 2014

babe we're only here, oh, for a little while

I had a delightful day! Despite my lack of sleep and my vague hangover (nothing too tragic, just general dehydration/exhaustion), I woke up at seven and wrote for an hour and a half before working. Thorington is slowly coming together, and I was happy with what I wrote today even if I wasn't ready to toss it aside and get into the day job. But luckily for me, my 8:30 meeting was canceled, so I was able to work on day job stuff for an hour and a half while lazing in bed (lazing is probably the wrong work; I was reclining in bed while answering emails). Then I drove south and trained with Alyssa - she continues to push her nefarious kettlebell agenda, so I did a whole bunch of twelve-kilo single-arm swings, which will likely come back to haunt me tomorrow (for Americans, that's 26.5lbs; my standard double arm swing is more like 16-20kg, but that's still easier for me to do with correct form than singles). But it was good to see her despite her agenda, and hopefully I can get in another good workout on Thursday before returning to ye olde Iowa and swinging with the minicows instead.

sssanyway, then I went to the office, showered, ate a v. subpar salad (even for my cafe, which is always subpar - and yes, I can complain about free food), had a bunch of meetings, and then grabbed a restorative iced latte before my final meeting of the day. Then I worked for another hour or two, spent an hour and a miserable half commuting, and had just enough time to refresh my makeup before heading out to Des Amis (do you know that place?). I wasn't there to do work, to the surprise of everyone; instead, I met Ritu, Bill, Adit, and Priyanka, and showed all of them where I spend all my time. Tuesdays are half-off wine bottles, so we had two bottles of wine, five cheeses to start, and some v. tasty main courses, and it was all perfectly lovely.

But now I must sleep so that I can continue my unsustainable mix of writing/work/friendship tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: