Monday, August 25, 2014

dragging the waters til the depths give up their dead

I had a great day, but I'm guessing that's because I stayed home and did my work from the comfort of my own bed/desk rather than dragging myself to and from the south bay like a peasant. It also meant that I was able to get up early and write before work; I only got three pages, but again, that's three pages more than I had before. And I got to go to my favorite breakfast place for the third day in the row, but today was the best of the three (no offense to Terry and the free mimosas yesterday) because there was no one there, so I got to chat up the owner/chef (who is always delightful).

Then I slogged throughout the afternoon, eventually slacking off to walk down the street and get some chicken/squash/brussels sprouts (who am I?) for dinner later + an iced latte to wake me up. I then spent almost two hours on the phone with one of my writer friends (Maya); we have books coming out the same week at the end of September, and so we're considering doing some cross-promo stuff and needed to start planning for it. She's hilarious, and so it was two hours v. well spent.

And then I was going to write all night, but my energy failed me more quickly than I expected, so I mostly did nothing. I would have gone to bed an hour ago, but I made the mistake of ordering groceries this morning for a 9-10pm delivery (in case I wanted to go to Des Amis), and so I screwed myself over. Par for the course, really. But now I must sleep if I have any hope of writing before work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: