Thursday, August 21, 2014

girls chase boys chase girls

My work event thing is over, and not a moment too soon - if I had to do another day of it, with another night of dinner/drinks after, I likely would have perished. It's unclear whether I would have perished along the road or whether I would have perished in prison while serving a manslaughter sentence, but either way, I'm glad that I was able to come home early tonight and mostly do nothing of consequence.

But despite my exhaustion, the whole thing was good; I feel surprisingly warm and fuzzy toward most of the people I work with, particularly the people who were invited to this thing, so the dinners and sessions and stuff were all fun. I had to lead the closing session this afternoon, and we ended up tossing around an apple to designate who was supposed to share their thoughts next (I told them they could stop when the apple broke, but we ended up going through three apples - the exploding fruit was v. reminiscent of freshman year of college). Despite what the sentence I just typed may have led you to believe, it actually went well. Ha.

When it was over, I got an iced latte, spent some time staring at my desk and laptop in abject exhaustion, and then went home at four so my team would feel like they could leave too (not that my presence/absence really stops them). When I got home, I promptly took a nap, then walked down the street to get some chicken/squash for supper (I can wear my tennis shoes again!!!). I ate it while watching an episode of 'Drunk History' before coming upstairs and dealing with my laundry situation.

And now, I must sleep - I have grand plans to write in the morning, but as I have to be in Palo Alto to train with Alyssa before work, these grand plans may not come to fruition. Goodnight!

No comments: