Thursday, August 14, 2014

i feel the chemicals kicking in

Today wasn't as productive (in terms of Thorington) as I might have preferred, nor was it as relaxing (since I had to do 30mins of day job stuff that turned into two hours of day job stuff), nor am I perfectly refreshed (since I didn't get enough sleep last night)...but all in all, it was a v. lovely day in Iowa. I missed breakfast, but the parents left me some bacon + the bacon grease necessary to fry some eggs, which is all v. delicious and down-home. Then I showered and did the aforementioned day job work. But by twoish I was beyond done, so I told everyone at work to stop contacting me and leave me alone, and then I logged off and have no intention of doing anything else until I get back to work on Monday.

After that glorious moment, my mom and I went into town, where I scored a hardcover copy of one of my favorite early romances (Johanna Lindsey's GENTLE ROGUE, replete with Fabio dressed as a pirate on the cover) for fifty cents at the community-run equivalent of Goodwill. Then we came home and drank coffee on the porch while [censored] tried to encourage me to [censored], with mixed results. Eventually, I decided I should give in to my California ways, and so I took my kettlebells and my foam roller and my music out onto the back patio, where I worked out in something that may have approached bliss - the weather was perfect, it's quite lovely to work out outside, and all my troubles seemed so far away (to quote the Beatles).

Then I showered, ate a delicious supper with the family (bratwurst is always in season), and spent the rest of the evening curled up in the living room reading part of a romance novel. So, all in all, it was a great day. Thorington's getting quite annoyed with my neglect of him, but he's going to have to wait for tomorrow - right now I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: