Tuesday, August 19, 2014

i want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way

Today was v. long, and I hit a wall (a couple of walls) in the middle of it, but all in all I survived a lot better than I expected to. I woke up early and decided to go to the gym at work; I usually train with Alyssa on Tuesdays, but I'd canceled her since I couldn't go during the summit, but I made up for it by working out on my own. Bizarre, I know, but I guess I actually like kettlebells. That's not a phrase I ever expected to utter.

sssanyway, after the gym, I grabbed breakfast, then dove straight into twelve hours of socializing (nightmare!). Actually, twelve hours of socializing is fine, but as a lot of that time was spent in a somewhat windowless room listening to other people talk, it was v. tiring even though I had a generally fun time. The day ended with drinks and dinner at a restaurant in Mountain View, and the conversation at my end of the table veered from mildly to wildly inappropriate, so I was at least highly amused even though I was fading fast from exhaustion.

I might have recovered a bit if I'd driven home alone and listened to music, but instead I took four other people back to the city with me (which was, again, at least entertaining despite my failing energy). Then I came home and spent the last half hour trying to set things to rights - taking care of a few minor work tasks, putting in laundry for tomorrow, washing my face, etc. But now I need to sleep and hope that eight hours is enough to recover so that I can do it all again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: