Tuesday, August 26, 2014

maybe if i tell myself enough

I almost forgot to blog tonight, which is so unusual that I'm now wide awake from the near-miss. But I'm kind of out of words; I woke up this morning and tried to write for two hours before work (and got three more pages...but I can't keep ekeing out three pages at a time if I have any hope of getting this stupid thing done). Then I drove south, trained with Alyssa, showered, and grabbed lunch to eat at my desk like a loser. Or a winner, since I was trying to get done with my work so I could leave at a reasonable hour and write again.

That was mostly a lost cause. I got out of there just before six, after a series of mostly-delightful meetings, and went to Philz in Palo Alto to write over coffee. But I was really too tired to contemplate it, and so I messed around with the words a little bit before giving in and driving home. I chose to take 280 back, though, so at least the drive was gorgeous...and by seven, the traffic wasn't bad, so really it was quite pleasant. Then I talked to Terry and watched Beyonce's performance from the VMAs while eating leftover chicken/squash/brussels sprouts. And then I maybe should have pretended to write again, but as I have a seven a.m. writing date with Kathia before heading down to work for the day, I think I should prioritize sleep and hope for better productivity in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: