Saturday, August 09, 2014

take my breath away

Today was my fifteen-year class reunion, which I cannot do justice to in a blog post - not because it was particularly exciting (unless you're into Mountain Dew Jello salad, in which case you would have been in business), but because I have no idea how I feel about the whole thing. I'd mostly say that I enjoyed it? But some of the people I would have wanted to see weren't there, so that was too bad.

However, the tradition itself is kind of interesting - it definitely felt a little weird to ride around town on a trailer and wave at people who were sitting on the side of the road to watch us, but it was vastly amusing at the same time. Then I came home, grabbed the potato salad my mother had made for me to take to the reunion picnic thing, and met my classmates at the barbecue site. It was in a building now owned by the Legion, which was actually pretty nice (for here - it was no Ritz Carlton). And I had some great conversations with some people, etc.

But by fiveish I was done, so I packed up my leftovers, came home (with a detour to drive past my grandma's house), and spent the evening eating supper (it's sweet corn season, so you can guess what we had), messing around on the internet, and doing a bit of writing. And now I must sleep - I'd like to get nine hours at least, and then maybe work on the book tomorrow depending on what my family's got cooking. Goodnight!

No comments: