Sunday, September 28, 2014

got my head up in the rafters

Today was excellent in terms of productivity (I crushed it), but completely abhorrent in terms of my social life. I skipped the only tentative plan I'd made (dinner), barely saw Terry, and had most of my human interaction at Des Amis, which was lovely but also vaguely like paying for friends.

But I have no regrets. I woke up at 6:30 and pretty much worked straight through until now. I did take a break to shower (I know, so indulgent), get a mani/pedi to prep for zee germans, and get coffee from Philz before writing again (and napping a little). Then I called my parents, who were excellent. Then I wrote at Rapha, and then at Des Amis. All told I wrote 20-30 pages and got through the hardest remaining scene that I've been putting off, so I think I'm nearly there.

It's still going to be a slog to get done before Germany, and there's a decent chance I'll have to do the formatting on the plane, but I'm feeling good overall, so I'm going to keep pushing. But for now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: