Monday, September 08, 2014

it's a lie, a kiss with open eyes

I'm way too tired to blog, so you're getting something abbreviated just to prove that I'm alive. But my day was great - there's going to be another royal baby, I wrote from 8am to 9:30am and again from 7pm to 8:30pm, and my day wasn't too horrible since I stayed sufficiently caffeinated and entertained throughout. This was particularly helped by a) going to get coffee at the coffee bar on campus rather than making my own like a peasant, and b) the fact that I arrived at work and found that my coworkers had taken time on Friday to meticulously cover my desk, monitor, chair, and all other surfaces of my work area in post-its. I'd actually known this on Friday since one of my coworkers very helpfully texted a picture of my desk, but they appear to have continued their labors after the photo I received.

So, that was all very entertaining, particularly as I started digging into my investigations and they all turned on each other and started sharing evidence. Yes, I was v. productive today!

And now I must sleep so I can get up at 5:45am and write again...wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: