Wednesday, September 24, 2014

lightning strikes the heart

I am super tired - the offsite today was beyond draining, to the point that even I (who usually drink the koolaid at this things) walked out in the middle of a session to get a triple shot latte in an effort to not kill myself or others. I mean, it was theoretically good to spend time getting to know other managers. But it was pretty much the worst possible time of the quarter/year for them to do it, and all I could really think about was all the work I had to do...

...but I guess it could be worse. Or something. The offsite was from nine to five, but I had a break for lunch on my own, and I met up with a coworker who wasn't at the offsite to have lunch and coffee and not talk about management challenges for an hour, which was v necessary. I got home at 6:30 Nd had planned to go to Des Amis and write the last chapter of my book, but I'm so tired that I scratched that, ordered Thai, talked to Terry (in person) and Chandlord (over chat) until it arrived, ate, did a bit of relaxing (face masque + trying on the jeans I'd ordered for my trip), and am now going to sleep before I die of exhaustion. Goodnight!

No comments: