Wednesday, September 10, 2014

love and hate, get it wrong, she cut me right back down to size

I'm still really tired, but if I go to bed right now I can get eight hours of sleep, and that seems like the right thing to do. Today was great, if you ignore the commute home at the end of it; I got up early, got to the office at eight, exchanged some early-morning gossip, wrote for thirty minutes, and was ready to work by nine. Then I slogged all day, with a break to grab lunch at the mexican cafe on campus (my favorite!), which made for some nice relaxing in the sunshine on the patio. But the rest of my day was all meetings, so I stayed until 5:30ish to do actual work...

...and was punished for my industriousness when my commute took an hour and forty fucking minutes. Booo. By the time I got here I was too exhausted to do anything, so I coerced Terry (it didn't take much) into going down the street and having tacos (you know I'm tired when I want mexican food twice in one day). Then we came home, I did some promo work for the writing job, and now I'm going to bed so that I can have the energy necessary to embrace tomorrow with a full heart. Goodnight!

No comments: