Wednesday, September 03, 2014

the best part of a bad day is knowing it's okay

I am still exhausted; I didn't sleep all that well last night, so this morning was mostly a fog. But I made it to work, had a couple of meetings, did a lot of work and got caught up on emails, and then had yet another of those 'lol/omg/wtf' presentations that I seem to be in the habit of giving. But I managed to keep from making the 'head explosion' sign until I'd gotten out of the meeting, so I guess I'm holding it together!

After that, I took a much-needed mental break and went over to the coffee shop on campus with one of my coworkers to listen to some jazz musician they'd brought in. Then, properly caffeinated and mostly relaxed, I went back to my desk and slogged until five. At that point, it was beyond time to leave, so I came home, dealt with my domestic situation (I've been doing far more shopping therapy than necessary, even for me, and I needed to pack stuff up to return it), and ate some enchiladas for supper.

And now I must sleep. But I will say that the best part of today was listening to the new Counting Crows album - it's like a lot of their other albums, but 'Possibility Days' is my new favorite song (at least for today, and probably tomorrow as well). Perhaps it has soothed my monkey mind enough that I can get the nine hours of sleep I dream of getting tonight so that I can hit tomorrow hard. Goodnight!

No comments: