Tuesday, October 21, 2014

but i keep moving, can't stop, won't stop cruising

I woke up this morning hoping to accomplish two hours of writing, but I really on succeeded for forty minutes or so. The key to breaking through the block turned out to be to skip the chapter I was writing/rewriting and just go straight to the last chapter that I haven't written - as soon as I started that one, I almost immediately wrote three pages. Ha. So clearly there's something wrong with the structure/tone/whatever of the chapter preceding it that I can't see yet, but I'm hoping that writing the last chapter will enable me to figure out how to fix the previous one.

Sorry, that's boring. By eight a.m. I was really getting into the groove, and that's when I had to abandon my writing life to take a couple of hours of meetings from home. Once I accomplished that, I drove to the glorious south bay and trained with Alyssa - she continues to push her nefarious kettlebell agenda, so now I'm swinging 20kg bells, which I oddly find kind of fun. What is wrong with me?!

So, the workout was great, but I was pretty tired the rest of the day - I don't think the salad I had for lunch really cut it, but I didn't have time to find something else. I had meetings straight from 1pm to 4pm, then did a bit of work for another thirty minutes, then cut out early to avoid traffic. That wasn't a success, since it took me ninety minutes to get home, but at least I got here in time to take care of some tings, change my clothes, and relax just a little bit before going out for dinner. Terry, Subz and I went to Presidio Social Club (which continues to leave me bemused - the food is good and the location is great, but the service is always, always questionable), where we caught up for a couple of hours while Terry was mildly distracted by the Giants/Royals game. I hadn't seen Terry since before I went to Germany, since she left for NYC the day I got back, so we had a lot to discuss. And it was great, as usual, to see Lauren, since she's awesome.

But now I must sleep - I have grand plans to continue going to bed early and getting up early, with even grander plans to work on the last chapter tomorrow morning before work. Goodnight!

No comments: