Friday, October 03, 2014

he always in the air but he never fly coach

Sadly, I'm flying coach - I'm still on the plane to Germany. But I thought I would blog now while I have a moment (one of an endless series of moments that I've spent in this seat over the last ten hours or so). I predict that my day in Frankfurt will be both brutal and lovely - brutal because I'm not sure I pieced together more than three hours of sleep on the plane, lovely because it's the first day in recent memory when I plan to do no work for the day job and no work for the writing job. My head may explode from confusion.

But today was good - I woke up, sent some somewhat inflammatory emails to day job people and then promptly stopped working so that I could shower and go to the airport. Terry was kind enough to drop me off, and I got there absurdly early because I had to do a Facebook chat thing for some romance writing group and I wanted to do it there so I wouldn't have to rush to the airport after. So I accomplished that mission while drinking some coffee, and then I messed around on the internet while drinking a margarita. Then the coworker I'm traveling with (Dave) showed up, and we had lunch and more margaritas before getting on zee plane.

That meant I was able to nap early, but then I was wide awake, so I read some filthy erotica (my seat mate seems to only speak German, so my secret was safe with him + all of you). But I had to stop reading it because it was making me cry (she's the only erotica writer I consistently read, and it's because she's amazing at emotion, not for the sexytimes, although those are certainly inventive), and I didn't want to have to explain to my coworker why I looked like I had been sobbing for four hours. Ha. I seem to have gotten myself under control when we congregated in the galley (so risky!) for a drink halfway into the flight, so at least there's that.

And then I tried to sleep for a few hours, but it was mostly fits and starts. And now I'm going to put this away and try to pretend that it's time to get up rather than time to go to bed. Guten Tag!

No comments: