Monday, October 13, 2014

i can shake it shake it like i'm supposed to

I have absolutely nothing of interest to report because I slogged hard and fast all day to start trying to make a dent in the work I should have done over the last two weeks. I'm trying to get caught up so that I can write/sleep on the plane and set myself up for success when I get home, but we'll see if that plan works out for me (seems doubtful). But today was mostly meetings - since I'm in Dublin to meet with the team here, it would make sense that I would be talking to people rather than holed up with my laptop by myself.

But my meetings were all grand, as they say here. I also had lunch with some of the team, and the cafe proved that things are way, way better in Dublin than they were when I lived here - the office has expanded dramatically (they even added a skywalk between three buildings, which is cray cray since they only had one building when I was here), and the food choices are way better. And I skipped out for an hour in the afternoon because I wanted to take a walk and get some air while it was still light out - so I walked down to Grafton Street, which was home to many of the shopping excursions I took when I lived here (as evidenced by the fact that I didn't remember a lot of stuff, but I remembered what seemed like every store on Grafton Street).

After work, I came back to the hotel, ate supper, and slogged until now. And now I must sleep so that I can engage in a similar death march tomorrow before heading back home on Wednesday (not a moment too soon - I'm half sick of travel). Goodnight!

No comments: