Sunday, October 19, 2014

most nights i don't know

Today was good for my psyche, but bad for my writing - but I need to stop saying that if I have any hope of being nicer to myself and not making so much ride on my productivity. And anyway, I did write; I may not have finished the book today, but I got a few hours of good productivity in this morning early (6:45am to ~10am) before hitting the wall. Then I showered, ate some peanut butter, procrastinated, and met up with Lauren (aka Subz) for manis/pedis + lunch at Roam. I don't think I'd seen her since Terry's birthday dinner (which was three days after my birthday dinner), and it was awesome to catch up with her in a v. relaxed, cozy sort of way.

After we parted ways, I considered the book again for awhile before throwing in the towel. Then I took a walk and talked to my parents; I'm trying to keep up the walking that I did in Europe (sans the drinking that I did in Europe), and walking down to the water while discussing life with them seemed like a great way to do so. I also talked to [censored] on the way home, which was good since it had been ages since we'd caught up. Then I grabbed an iced latte, worked for thirty minutes or so, and went out for family dinner with Chandlord, Katrina, John, Jess, and Maya at Chow. They were all in fine form, as always, although several people seemed quite tired - but I think Katrina's obsession with bike messengers more than made up for it.

And now, since I'm one of the people who was quite tired by the end, I'm going to go to bed so that I can get up and write before work - goodnight!

No comments: