Monday, October 06, 2014

some are born to sing the blues

I continue to hate Germany, but I am probably not well-equipped to judge it given that I've been drinking wine for the last eight hours (really? yes.). I woke up this morning after too little sleep, put on a hot new dress (silk! marc by marc! from thredup, so it wasn't so outrageously expensive!), and had breakfast with the crew before continuing to the offsite, where I sat in a small room all day and had to pretend to care. Ugh. I did participate in the conversation like a good little corporate whore, but I wasn't really having it, particularly after a v. fun lunch turned into a v. long afternoon session with v. few breaks.

But I'll survive - particularly if I get five hours of sleep tonight, which is all I'm destined for. I made it down to cocktail hour with my own mini bottle of champagne in hand (so classy), just in time to grab some sausage (that's not a double entendre) before going to dinner. Dinner was preceded by a speech by one of my least favorite people in the history of the world, but my fellow teammates made up for it with one of the most inappropriate group chats I've ever had (and I drank at least half a bottle of wine to keep myself quiet), so that was all fun. Then we ate dinner, had a lot more wine, and adjourned to a poker table where we had even more wine (and I proclaimed the tallest man at the offsite my spirit animal, as is my wont). After, Dave, Tomas and I went to Dave/Tomas's room, where we watched some 'Walking Dead' and they humored me while I ranted about the evening. This is what friends are for.

And now I must sleep *immediately* if I have any hope of surviving the morning - goodnight!

No comments: