Wednesday, November 12, 2014

all the bad boys are standing in the shadows

Considering I worked from home today and was able to sleep in, I'm surprisingly tired - but I suppose that's to be expected since I didn't sleep much the night before. My day was mostly boring; I did a couple of meetings from home, worked on some stuff, and had a late lunch down the street at my favorite brunch place. I talked to the owner (Tony) while I was eating, whom I adore; he'd just gotten my newsletter announcing my newest book (I was supremely touched that he'd signed up for it), so he congratulated me for that, and then we talked for half an hour or so. He told me an amazing story about how his father, who was Italian but born in Australia, was deported from Australia along with his family at the start of WWII (when Tony's father would have been around six), and how they had to take a ship to Japan (on an hour's notice), followed by a train across Russia, etc., and it took them almost three months to get back to Italy. Crazytown.

Then I came home, slogged some more, and then snuck out (is it sneaking when no one cares?) to get my hair cut and my brows tinted and waxed so that I look like a real girl again. My stylist ended up curling my hair for me to show me a different way of styling it since she refused point-blank to chop it all off despite me being in the mood for it, and I liked it well enough that I bought a curling iron tonight. Ha. After the salon, I came home long enough to drop my stuff and take a power nap, and then I went to Des Amis and contemplated working but instead wrote in my journal and contemplated never working on anything ever again.

But now I must sleep if I'm to survive tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: